- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) in Economics –University of Patras, Department of Economics – PhD Awarded in 2007. PhD Thesis: “Topics on the Dynamics of Capital and Labour Demand: An Empirical Analysis.”
- Master of Science in Finance and Economics (MSc) – The University of Manchester / Manchester Business School (Former UMIST) – Graduated in 2002.
- Degree in Public Administration, division of Economics (BSc) – Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences– Graduated in 2000.
Dr Christos Kallandranis received his PhD (full scholarship) in Economics from the University of Patras Greece in 2007. He holds an MSc in Finance & Economics from the Manchester Business School (former UMIST) and a BA in Public Administration (division of economics) from Panteion University of Athens. Christos has considerable teaching, research and consulting experience. He counts almost 15 years of teaching experience in higher education, three years of professional experience and four years experience in EU research-funded programmes.
Currently working as Assistant Professor in Finance at the University of West Attica. He has also taught at Regent’s University London in the UK, at Marconi University in Rome Italy and as an instructor in finance at the Hellenic Open University. He has also held taught positions in the Department of Economics at University of Patras and at the Open University of Cyprus.
Selective Publications of the last 5 years
- Borrower Discouragement Prevalence for Eurozone SMEs: Investigating the Impact of Economic Sentiment, with D. Anastasiou and K.Drakos, forthcoming (2022) in the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization (ABS: 3*)
- Non-performing Loans and Suicide Rates: Empirical Evidence from Eurozone, with E. Goulas., forthcoming in Empirical Economics Letters (ABDC indexed).
- Self-Rationing in European Businesses: Evidence from Survey Analysis, with K. Drakos (2020), forthcoming in Finance Research Letters (ABS 2* indexed).
- Determinants of Trust in Institutions: Survey-based evidence from the European Union, with K. Drakos and S. Karydis (2019), Journal of Common Market Studies Vol 57 (6) pp. 1228–1246 (ABS 3* indexed), DOI:10.1111/jcms.12884
- Economic Outcomes and Voting Behaviour: Evidence from Greece, with E. Goulas and A. Zervogianni. Economic Issues (indexed in ABS 1* Keele 2* ERA B), 2019, Vol. 24, Part 1, pp. 35-58.
- A Note on Trust in the ECB in the Era of Sovereign Debt Crisis, with K. Drakos and S. Karydis, Applied Economics Letters, May 2017, (ABS 1* indexed)
Participation in research projects
- European Commission FP7, “A new agenda for European Security Economics.” Grant Agreement Number 218105
- 01/10/2008 – 31/08/2010: University of Patras
- 01/03/2009 – 29/02/2012: Athens University of Economics and Business
For a detailed CV please click here.